You have no items in your shopping cart.
Salt Free vs. Ion Exchange
FilterSmart Water was one of the first water treatment companies to only offer no salt water treatment systems. We do not believe in the outdated technology of ion exchange resin, that removes beneficial minerals in calcium and magnesium and replaces it with sodium... a chemical to treat hard water.
The added sodium is wreaking havoc on local municipalities and farmers with the rising sodium levels causing many counties to restrict the use or flat out ban them. On top of that, traditional water softeners are extremely wasteful by dumping out thousands of gallons of water a year to re-cycle the media bed as well as the ongoing electricity. This negative impact to our environment has many residents re-thinking the outdated technology.
- Our systems can be installed where space is very limited
- Clean, delicious water at every tap
- Eliminates the need for salt softeners
- No need for salt or corrosive chemicals
- Removes existing scale deposits
- Longer life expectancy for appliances
- Increased efficiency of hot water tanks
- Environmentally friendly
- No electrical power required
- Virtually maintenance free
- Reduced energy expenses
- Easy to install and requires no drain connection or electrical power
on all water systems
Uses no harmful salts
Systems are easily installed and
Designed, tested and assembled
in the USA